Saturday, March 13, 2010
Alright, so it's time for part two of the playlist. So here we go.
26) The Cure - A Letter to Elise - Another song about a dying relationship, while at the same time, being able to accept it. Knowing that you love someone, and maybe they don't love you as much as they once did. When the relationship began, you were so happy, but it's not the same anymore, and you can't justify trying to make it work any longer.
27) Dashboard Confessional - Vindicated - So I have three songs by Dashboard on my list, and while I know they can be super-corny/cheesy sometimes, I still dig em. To me this song is about self-realization. About being in a relationship with someone who you think is great, at the cost of changing everything you are, and holding yourself back. Then finally ending the relationship, so you could "be yourself," only to realize what the person saw in you to begin with.
28) Dashboard Confessional - Hands Down - About a nervous guy on a first date, leading to the perfect night. If you had to die, you'd go now, because it doesn't get better then this night. Fun, happy song.
29) Dashboard Confessional - As Lovers Go - Dashboard goes back to corny with this song. A relationship that almost seems to perfect, that motives start getting questioned. The other just saying that if it's easy, then don't complicate it, because it's just wonderful right now.
30) Death Cab for Cutie - A Movie Script Ending - I love Death Cab for Cutie. I think Ben Gibbard is some kind of musical genius. But I still can't figure out how he got Zooey Deschanel to marry him. I suspect mind control, or pod people. Either way, this song is a great song about returning home. You go home, and become flooded with memories, because not much has changed. The look, smell, people, are all familiar, and you begin to think about when you just wanted to leave, and you did, leaving someone you care about behind.
31) Death Cab for Cutie - Soul Meets Body - Not really sure on this one. Great song though. Almost like a combination of, death, love, and not wanting to lose someone. How about the video?
32) Death Cab for Cutie - What Sarah Said - A song about reflecting on how short life is, while in a hospital, waiting for a loved one to die. And then thinking about how there's no better way to show someone you love them, then by being there when they go. And then you wonder if they're gone, who's gonna be there when you die?
33) Death Cab for Cutie - The New Year - Transatlanticism is definitely one of my favorite albums ever. This opening track is fun, and it seems to just be about that. Living in the moment, and not limiting yourself to a particular resolution, because your just having a good time not holding back.
34) Death Cab for Cutie - Tiny Vessels - This one's a bummer, about a cheap, summer fling. He goes to California and meets a beautiful girl, who he says he loves, just so he could be with her. He knows he doesn't feel anything for her, and she senses it, but he puts on a gameface so he can continue the fling before he leaves her.
35) Deep Ella - Last Year's new Thing - Not many people know Deep Ella, I don't think they're signed. They're a band from Houston, who are a little similar to Blue October with the lyrics. This song is kind of hard to interpret. I'm even sure what all the lyrics are. So how bout you just listen to it. Wouldn't recommend trying to download it from here though.
36) Doves - There Goes the Fear - Great song that was most recently, off the (500) Days of Summer Soundtrack. A song about letting go of fear and anxiety, and taking a chance with someone you care about. Fun stuff.
37) DeVotchKa - The Clockwise Witness - A very interesting song by a very interesting band. Not entirely sure what this song means, but a couple of ideas come to mind. The narrator is uncomfortable doing something that is against his nature. He's going to stop whatever it is he's doing, knowing that it's going to hurt someone he cares about, and asks for forgiveness.
38) DeVotchKa - How It Ends - This song is quite powerful, and intriguing. Appears to be about someone who is facing death, facing the inevitable. They reflect over life, and are content, because they have faith that they lived a good life, and they feel comfortable knowing how their story will end.
39) Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes - 40 Day Dream - These guys are definitely some strange people and I have absolutely no idea about what this one is about. Probably wrote it about something he saw on an acid trip. But this song is a great, catchy, fun song.
40) Eric Clapton - Wonderful Tonight - Clapton is definitely a legend, as well as one of the greatest guitar players of all time. This is a feel good song, about an evening with someone whom you think is just is "wonderful." Classic.
41) Fall Out Boy - Grand Theft Autumn/Where Is Your Boy Tonight - FOB isn't even close to being great musicians but they've made some pretty darn good pop/punk songs. A song about a guy, pleading to a girl, to give him a chance. Because he can treat her better and appreciate her more than anyone else can.
42) Fall Out Boy - Sugar, We're Going Down - This is the one that made them popular, and those losers who talk about them selling out need to can it, because this is a great song. It has pretty much the same meaning though as the last one. He wants this girl, but is getting denied, so he tells her that if he's gonna go down, he's going down swinging.
43) Fall Out Boy - The (After) Life of the Party - This song is alot different than any other song of theirs. But it's one of my favorites. Sounds like there's a bunch of references to getting high, but I could be totally wrong.
44) Everclear - Wonderful - This song can really hits home. It tells the story of a kid being tormented by the ending of his parents marriage. Just wishing things were different, not wanting to accept the upcoming changes, and wanting to be happy again. Sad song.
45) The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt.1 - Love The Flaming Lips, but they're crazy. This song is about pink robots, and a robot fighter named Yoshimi.
46) The Fray - Look After You - A very sappy song about love. Almost sounds like a marriage proposal, asking her to be with him forever.
47) Green Day -Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day has alot of great songs, and I probably picked the sappiest of them all. This song is about the anniversary of his fathers death. Obviously, it happened in September, and even though it's been seven years since he died, every time this month approaches, he's reminded of what his father taught him, and how much he meant to him.
48) Gym Class Heroes - Taxi Driver - This is just a cool song, from their second album, where they name check about twenty-seven different names of bands they like.
49) Hellogoodbye - Dear Jaime... Sincerely Me - I really like Hellogoodbye, and I think they're getting better as a group, but this one is one of their first. A story about a guy who is terrified to tell a girl how he feels. So he decides to write a letter to her to express himself, but starts to worry about what it should say.
50) Hellogoodbye - When We First Met - This is one of Hellogoobye's newest songs. It's a feel-good song about thinking how long you've been with someone, and how it's been great the whole time. Can't wait for them to drop another album.